Thursday, July 9, 2009

Slow Cooker Pork Chops

Well, as I mentioned before, I found a recipe for pork chops done in the slow cooker and gave them a try for dinner last night. They were pretty good! Here is the exact recipe which you can find the link to here : http://www.recipezaar.com/5-Ingredient-Chops-in-a-Crock-Pot-141847

6 whole pork chops (boneless or whatever you like)
1 whole
onion, chopped
3 tablespoons
ketchup
10 3/4 ounces 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
2 teaspoons
Worcestershire sauce

Mix soup together with the chopped onions, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour 1/2 of the mixture in the bottom of the crock pot.
Place chops in the crock pot.
Cover with the remaining sauce mixture.
Cook on low 4-5 hours or until done.
Makes a lot of sauce which I served on a side of steamed rice

In my humble opinion, a recipe is just a guide to spark some culinary creativity. What I made was pretty much the same as above with a tweak here and there. I used half fat cream of chicken soup because that is what I had. I used boneless pork chops, extra Worcestershire sauce, fresh ground pepper, and garlic powder. It did make a lot of sauce, which was mild but flavorful. I knew that I had a very busy day ahead of me yesterday so I prepared this early and let it cook for 8 hours. The meat was so tender it fell apart on our forks and the flavor really permeated it. I served it with mashed potatoes, peas, and corn. It was a nice dinner and it tasted like something I spent hours on when really I barely did anything. My Crockpot did all the work…brilliant!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Wow another great sounding easy recipe! I am deffently going to have to try this one! I have sveral pork chops in the freezer right now! Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i just joined as one of your followers. I am the the 4outback. Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, it is nice to see your blog! I am trying to learn how to use a new slow cooker that we were given as moving in gift. It is a wonderful thing that I have wanted for a long time!

    ReplyDelete