Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Makeshift Guacamole

This week, I found a bag of five avocado’s for a pretty decent price at the grocery store. I love avocado but rarely eat them because where we live, they are generally a dollar each. I was elated to have a bunch of them in my fruit bowl this week! I decided I better make the most of them and enjoy every last bite before I return to the emptiness that went before them.

I can easily just scoop avocado right out of the shell with a spoon and eat it, and that’s pretty much what I did with the first three. Today, I decided to be a bit more creative. At lunch, I cut one in half, fed half of one half to the baby (no, she did not like it), put the other half of that on my sandwich, then made a makeshift guacamole.

I LOVE guacamole! I could eat it by the bowlful. My husband hates it and won’t touch it (aah maybe the baby takes after her daddy here?) So, when I make it, it’s all mine! I didn’t have much in my fridge so I mashed up the remaining avocado half, mixed in some salsa, a squirt of lemon juice, and a sprinkling of salt. It was amazing! It took about 10 seconds to make and the same amount of time to eat. I ate it with tortilla chips but it would be good on a wrap, burritos, or on crackers.

I only have one avocado left. I am a treat hoarder but that just won’t do in this case. I must eat it and soon before it turns brown. I need to enjoy it more than any other avocado I’ve ever had…I think a big bowl of guacamole is called for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment